Effective date: 10 February 2018
Basically:We are Network Perspective, and we create an application that helps companies manage collaboration among employees.
Basically:This policy describes the way we handle information.
Definition of Personal DataPersonal data is defined as “any information about an identified or identifiable natural person” (see General Terms, Choice of law, Jurisdiction and Venue). This may include, for example, email addresses and contact details and any similar information provided to Network Perspective in the course of its business operations or which Network Perspective may receive from business inquiries. Personal data that is aggregated and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal data.
Basically:Personal data is information about an individual that makes him or her easy to identify (e.g. e-mail).
How do we use the information we collect?
- categories of data subjects: internal stakeholders, in particular employees of the Customer;
- type of personal data: ordinary data in the scope: first name, last name, position, team, organization department, location of the workplace, department, competences, duties;
- the purpose of processing: mapping the cooperation network and providing feedback in the organization;
- duration of processing: for the duration of this contract;
- nature of processing: in the electronic system, i.e. using software called the "Network Perspective".
- to create, establish and administer Customer’s account, to respond to Customer’s inquiries related to its account and to contact Customer about Network Perspective’s services or account-related matters;
- to provide services, including to provide Customer and its Users with access and use of the Network Perspective platform and customer support;
- to measure and analyze User behavior in order to, among others, monitor, maintain and improve Network Perspective’s services or features and to create new services or features;
- to personalize or customize the experience when using the services;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to allow Network Perspective to meet contractual requirements relating to the services provided to Customer;
- to conduct surveys on the quality of Network Perspective’s services or to collect feedbacks on the services; and
- newsletters and marketing purposes – to provide Customer with offers for additional products and services that Network Perspective believes may be of Customer’s interest.
Basically:We use information for two main reasons.
Firstly, we provide and personalize the services in applications (e.g. create account). Secondly, we de-identify and aggregate data for benchmarks (e.g. to show how your company performs compared to other companies).
We never use your employees' data for marketing purposes.
If you ask us for a sales offer, we will send the offer to the email address you've provided. We also have a newsletter that you can subscribe to.
Basically:We respect your time and send you only system emails (e.g. forgotten passwords), notifications (e.g. you have been marked as a co-worker), news, and video tutorials
How do we collect the information?
When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain itNetwork Perspective generally collects and uses Personal Data from or about its website or application Customers and Users as follows: information provided by Customers or Users. In some cases, Network Perspective collects Personal Data directly from Users when they visit or use the website or application. For instance, Network Perspective may collect the following types of information:
- Users’ name, contact information, e-mail address, department, position and any other information provided while importing excel file with employees data;
- Users’ workmates and mentors, as well as photo, areas of expertise and any other information provided by Users by responding to the surveys built into the Network Perspective Application;
- Inquiries and Requests for a Trial or Service. Network Perspective may collect Users’ name, contact information, e-mail address and any other information provided when Users make an inquiry or contact Network Perspective through the website, when Users sign up to receive Network Perspective’s newsletter or when users submit a request or an order for an Network Perspective trial or service. Network Perspective will only use this information to process and answer Users’ request or to manage Network Perspective everyday business needs in connection with such request;
- Personalization of application or website. When Users visit the website, they may, from time to time, be invited to provide information such as User’s title to help Network Perspective personalize or customize the User’s experience when using the website.
Basically:The organizational charts built with our tool are created in two steps. First, your administrator (e.g. HR specialist) imports information about the formal structure of your company (e.g. Excel file with your name, position, and department). Next, you are invited to the application and asked to share information about the workmates you collaborate with. These are the two main sources of information used.
We get technical information when you use our productsNetwork Perspective generally collects and uses information from or about its website or application Customers and Users as follows:
- Technical information. When Users visit the website or the application, Network Perspective may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about visits to the website, including the IP address of the Users’ computer and which browser was used to view the website, the Users’ operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site the User came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information entered, advertisements seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of the website or enhance the experience for Users. While most of the time this information is depersonalized, if this information relates to an identifiable individual (which is strongly unlikely), Network Perspective will respect that and treat this information as personal data. Network Perspective may also, without limitations, collect and use the following type of information when users visit or interact with Network Perspective on the website:
- Google Analytics: Network Perspective uses Google Analytics which allows it to see information on User website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. Users may opt-out of Network Perspective’s use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page;
- HubSpot and alike services (detailed description can be found on their webpages): Network Perspective uses such selling and marketing tools when someone provides us with contact data and asks to send commercial information, i.a. via form on webpage;
- Google AdWords: Network Perspective uses Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Network Perspective across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to the website. AdWords remarketing will display ads to Users based on what parts of the Network Perspective website they have viewed by placing a cookie on the Users’ web browser. It could mean that Network Perspective advertises to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on the site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify the User or give access to the Users’ computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that the User has visited a particular page on the website, so that they may show the User ads relating to that page. If Users do not wish to participate in Google AdWords Remarketing, they can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
- Privacy Policies of other websites. This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Network Perspective. Other websites that may be accessible through the website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices;
- Personal data from other Sources. Network Perspective may obtain from third parties additional personal data about a website user if such user gave permission to those third parties to share its information.
When you use the application, a little data is collected. When you browse our website, more tools are used.
Data related to traffic on the website and application is not combined to ensure the privacy and anonymity of your employees.
How and when do we share information?
Information SharingNetwork Perspective will not sell, rent or trade personal data to any third party. However, we may share personal data when authorized or required by law or as follows:
- Service providers. We may grant access to personal data to third party service providers in connection with the performance or the improvement of its website and services. Before sharing any personal data with any third party service providers, we will ensure that the third party maintains proper data management practices for maintaining the confidentiality and security of personal data and preventing unauthorized access;
- As permitted or required by law. We may disclose personal data as required by applicable law to authorized authority. We may also disclose data to accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of legal rights. Network Perspective may also release certain personal data when it has reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and itself, in accordance with the law;
- Business transaction. We may disclose personal data to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, personal data will remain protected by applicable data protection laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, Network Perspective will require the other party not to use or disclose the personal data received in any manner whatsoever and to delete such information.
Basically:We will not sell, rent, or trade personal data collected with the application to anyone.
Organizational charts you build with us are the sum of information displayed on business cards of your company employees, and we will show this information to other employees within your company network.
Information SecurityNetwork Perspective will store and process the personal data in a manner consistent with industry security standards. Network Perspective has implemented technical, organizational and administrative systems, policies, and procedures to help ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of personal data and to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access to or use of personal data, including (i) appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards and other security measures designed to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data it manages; (ii) a security design intended to prevent any compromise of its own information systems, computer networks or data files by unauthorized users, viruses or malicious computer programs; (iii) appropriate internal practices including, but not limited to, encryption of data in transit; using appropriate firewall and antivirus software; maintaining these countermeasures, operating systems and other applications with up-to-date virus definitions and security patches so as to avoid any adverse impact to the personal data that it manages; appropriate logging and alerts to monitor access controls and to assure data integrity and confidentiality; permitting only authorized users access to systems and applications; and (iv) all persons with authorized access to personal data must have a genuine business need-to-know prior to access (“Security Program”). The servers we use belong to the top, highly reputable company, and are physically located in the European Union, in particular in France, which the Customer is aware of and fully accepts.
Basically:We have implemented a lot of technical, organizational, and administrative solutions to help ensure the security of personal data.
Our servers are in the European Union.
Your account and organizational chart built on your data is protected by an encrypted password.
We keep your account secure, but you must also keep it safe. Our employees may not access your account unless required to fulfill a specific job.
Ways to control display and use of your information
Information Provided by YouOur goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Network Perspective account, many of the choices you have on Network Perspective are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example you can at any time:
- change your mind and opt not to disclose information, however for technical reasons you may then be unable to use certain features of Services and with no effect to previous processing;
- correct, amend, add or delete personal data i.a. in your profile and contacts pages. You are the person that puts, changes and deletes information from our application or website;
- close your account. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your pins and boards from Network Perspective. We may retain archived copies of your information for benchmarks as well as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including help to address fraud and spam) or if you ask us to do so.
Basically:We give you a tool for gathering and analyzing information about your company and employees, so your data is only yours.
You are the owner of your data. Thus, at any time, you can add, change, or delete information.
Technical InformationYou shall have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Network Perspective. For example:
- the browser you use shall provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.